CLASS TITLE: Student Support Personnel
REPORTS TO: School Principal / Designee
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
APPROVED: July 14, 2016- Order #2016-1836
To establish a learning situation for students that will meet the needs of each student at his/her own level. To ensure that each student will grow to his/her greatest intellectual ability, emotional development and psychological well-being.
- Implement a comprehensive education program for eligible participants.
- Provide instruction, counseling, appropriate learning materials and experiences for the participants and provide continuous evaluation of students' progress and achievement.
- Plan and implement parent and child interactions and activities.
- Provide and arrange adult supports, activities and sessions.
- Promote program, interpret purpose of program to potential clients and interested persons in the community.
- Maintain accurate records on the program and provide data to appropriate personnel.
- Plan regularly with staff and participate in appropriate school meetings and activities.
- Comply with policies, rules and regulations of the School District and State or federal regulatory agencies where appropriate.
- Maintains regular attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Basic instructional methods and techniques.
- Basic learning theory applicable to the student group served.
- Students with special needs, multi-cultural and multi-ethnic backgrounds.
- Basic subjects taught in District schools including arithmetic, reading, writing, grammar and spelling.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Classroom procedures and appropriate student conduct.
- Policies and objectives of assigned program and activities.
- Applicable sections of Kentucky Administrative Regulations and other applicable laws.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Provide instruction working with children and parents with special needs, multi-cultural and multi-ethnic backgrounds.
- Monitor and evaluate student progress.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain routine records.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of program rules, regulations, requirements and restrictions.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Plan and organize work.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull light weights
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college / university is required. Three years professional experience working with students is preferred, but not required.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid Kentucky Teaching Certification for area and grade level of assignment or a valid Kentucky Emergency Certification for Substitute Teaching.