CLASS TITLE: SUPERVISOR OF INSTRUCTION REPORTS TO: Chief Academic Officer
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
APPROVED: January 14, 2016- Order #2016-1720
To ensure that each student is provided with the richest educational experience the district can provide. To facilitate and assist teachers and principals to translate curriculum goals and objectives into meaningful learning experiences for each individual student in the district; and to support the Mission Statement of Madison County Schools.
- Plans and carries out a district-wide program of curriculum review and development.
- Provides leadership in the evaluation of instructional methods and programs, and recommends such changes and improvements as are needed.
- Guides individual professional development experiences for Principals via the valuation process.
- Integrates instructional programs.
- Assists principals in the planning and implementation of effective programs of supervision and evaluation.
- Designs, recommends, carries out educational initiatives; disseminates and interprets the results to administrators, teachers, and parents as appropriate.
- Assists in the recruiting, interviewing, screening and recommending of qualified candidates for positions on school staffs.
- Supervises and coordinates the work of curriculum resource consultants.
- Provides guidance in the selection and use of textbooks and other instructional materials.
- Works with teachers in the preparation of curriculum materials.
- Acts as a liaison with other school districts, universities, and State Department personnel in order to keep abreast of new educational developments and ideas.
- Keeps current with educational developments and the literature in the field of education and participates in the affairs of state and national professional societies devoted to the advancement of education.
- Assists with all assessment and accountability programs, data analysis and interpretation.
- Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality.
- Adhere to the appropriate code of ethics.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Perform other duties consistent with the position assigned as may be requested by the Chief Academic Officer.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Curriculum, instruction and assessment
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Operation of a computer terminal and data entry techniques.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Research methods and report writing techniques.
- Laws, rules and regulations related to assigned activities.
- Policies and objectives of assigned program and activities.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Technical aspects of field of specialty.
- To perform the responsibilities as previously outlined.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Operate a computer terminal.
- Prioritize and schedule work.
- Learn, apply and explain policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintain current knowledge of program rules, regulations, requirements and restrictions.
- Determine appropriate action within clearly defined guidelines.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull light weights
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree
- Five (5) years’ experience in the area of school leadership
- At least three (3) years of successful teaching experience
- Supervisor of Instruction Certification.
- Five years experience in administration.